Build and enhance your retail merchandising skills as you explore career opportunities with this 12-credit-hour certificate program. If you are interested in exploring a career in retail management or owning your own business this certificate is for you. If you currently work in the retail industry and are interested in career advancement opportunities this certificate can give you the additional skills you need. Take classes in Principles of Merchandising, Retail Buying and Assortment Planning, Applied Merchandising, Retail Management, and more.
All current USM students, except merchandising majors, are eligible for admission into the Retail Merchandising Certificate (RMC) program.
Availability: Hattiesburg Campus
Admission Requirements: See University Certificate Admissions
Academic Policies and Requirements for Certificates:
- See University Academic Policies for Certificates
- Students must receive no lower than a “C” and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in the certificate courses.
- Students may request a waiver of prerequisite requirements based on industry experience. Such a waiver requires director approval.
- Sophomore standing with a minimum of 40 credit hours is the prerequisite for MER 300 .
- MAT 101 and ACC 200 are prerequisites for MER 436 .
- MKT 300 with a grade no lower than a C and consent of the director are the prerequisites for MKT 392 .
- Senior standing is a prerequisite for MER 439 . Students must have a 2.8 GPA and obtain approval by the faculty coordinator to enroll in MER 439 .
Hours to Certificate: 12 hours