The mission of the Bachelor of Science degree program in polymer science and engineering is to provide students with necessary preparation to excel in industry as highly competent polymer engineers or to pursue advanced degrees. The vision of the polymer science and engineering program is to be recognized as a regional, national, and international leader in the development of polymer scientists and engineers by industry and academia.
The school’s undergraduate polymer science and engineering program prepares students to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Advance professionally with increasing leadership and responsibility beyond entry level in polymer industries or related fields;
- Build capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary team settings to achieve organization objectives;
- Contribute to societal benefits in an environmentally and ethically responsible manner; and
- Engage in life-long learning through professional activities and training, the pursuit of advanced degrees, and individual professional development.
Polymer Science and Engineering BS Degree Requirements (128 hours)
Polymer Science and Engineering BS Semester Guide
Availability: Hattiesburg Campus
Admission Requirements: See University Admission Policies
Program Academic Policies and Requirements:
- See University Academic Policies and Requirements
- Enrollment in any polymer science or polymer science and engineering class requires that the student has achieved a grade of C or higher in the designated prerequisite course(s).
- Polymer science (PSC) and polymer science and engineering (PSE) courses and their prerequisites require a grade of C or better to count toward the polymer science or polymer science and engineering degrees.