Leading-edge marketing programs in colleges of business across the country are increasingly developing strong professional selling programs. This enhanced emphasis on professional selling is supported by academics and practitioners for many reasons. First, as products, services, and data become more sophisticated, there is a very high demand for salespeople with a college education. Increasingly, companies provide financial support to sales programs while others specifically hire from universities with sales programs. Secondly, there is a great need for professional sales education. Students with a foundation in ethics, business, marketing, and sales have an advantage over their peers in the job market. Many pathways into larger organizations are through the sales positions. To meet the increasing demand for specifically educated professional sales personnel, the School of Marketing at The University of Southern Mississippi offers an undergraduate certificate in professional selling.
Availability: Hattiesburg Campus
Admission Requirements: See University Certificate Admissions
Academic Policies and Requirements for Certificates:
- A maximum of 3 hours of transfer credit may be used to satisfy certificate requirements.
- No grade below C will be acceptable for certificate courses.
- A minimum GPA of 2.500 is required for certificate course work.
- At least 50 percent of the hours required for a certificate should be outside the DEG01 requirements of the student’s undergraduate major.
School Certificate Requirements
- Each course must be completed a grade of C or higher.
- Students must maintain and overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in the certificate courses.
Hours to Certificate: 12 hours