The BSBA in finance provides students with a strong foundation in theory, analytical tools and problem-solving methods fundamental to the financial management of all businesses and especially to firms in the financial sector such as banking, insurance, real estate investment, financial planning and portfolio management.
Students are prepared for careers in financial management, banks and other financial institutions and the government agencies that oversee the financial sector. Students can emphasize real estate to prepare for agent and broker licenses and careers in mortgage finance, real estate investment and management.
Finance BSBA Degree Requirements (120 hours)
Finance BSBA Semester Guide
Availability: Hattiesburg Campus
Admission Requirements: See University Admission Policies
Program Academic Policies and Requirements:
- See University Academic Policies and Requirements
- Finance students taking upper-level finance classes need a C or better in FIN 300 .
- All students (both undergraduate and graduate) planning to enroll in ACC 325 - Intermediate Accounting I , must pass the Principles of Accounting Competency Examination (PACE) prior to the last day to register for a full-semester class in order to remain enrolled in ACC 325 . Upon enrolling in ACC 325 , students will have access to a special PACE Canvas site that provides information about the PACE and learning materials to prepare for it. The PACE exam will be offered a number of times prior to the first day of classes and a final time before the last "add" date. The scheduled test times will be posted on the PACE Canvas site as soon as they are determined.
- Beginning in fall of 2018, students enrolling in ACC 325 must have earned a grade of B or better in ACC 200 and ACC 220 to meet prerequisite requirements.
- See College of Business and Economic Development Academic Policies
Accreditation: This program is accredited by AACSB International.