An option within the chemistry program allows the student to obtain a Mississippi Department of Education secondary teaching license in chemistry, physical science and general science. Coursework in biological sciences, geology, and physics is also required, as are science education courses and Student Teaching.
Chemistry (Licensure) BS Degree Requirements (124 hours)
Chemistry (Licensure) BS Semester Guide
Availability: Hattiesburg Campus
Admission Requirements: See University Admission Policies
Program Academic Policies and Requirements:
- See University Academic Policies and Requirements
- The student must have a grade of C or better in all prerequisite science and mathematics courses germane to their chosen emphasis area.
- The student will not be allowed to enroll in any science or mathematics course for which the grade of C or better in prerequisite coursework has not been obtained.
- Students pursuing a degree in chemistry with licensure must earn a grade of C or higher in all chemistry courses and in all required professional education courses.
- Additional GPA requirements are listed in the degree plan.
Licensure: Students who complete this program are eligible for a license through an NCATE/NSTA-approved program.